Question UEFI/BIOS

gravef1ghter

Reputable
Mar 4, 2017
Hey all,

Can anyone point me in the right direction to learn about UEFI/BIOS settings? I'm not just talking about specific settings for specific tasks such as overclocking, PBO or the like, which this forum is full of. I'm talking about a resource that details every single setting in the BIOS and explains it's functionality to the "T." There are textbooks available on Barnes & Noble for example, that do exactly that. However, those books are at least fifteen years old. No Bueno. The inter-webs are practically barren of this topic as well.

I would appreciate any input and/or resources that can be offered.

Thanks!

gravef1ghter

Reputable
Mar 4, 2017
It just surprises me that you can scour the web, YouTube and various other tech sites, including this one, and not find a single, definitive learning guide on the inner-workings of a motherboards settings. There was a resource published back in 2004 called, "Breaking Through the BIOS Barrier" by Adrian Wong. That reference is obviously not of much use given that today's standards are light years ahead of the topics covered in that book. I wonder why that is. That, btw, is exactly what I'm looking for, just with today's BIOSs.

TRENDING THREADS