UEFI Hard Drive

DerekWhitton95

Reputable
May 2, 2014
I recently acquired a non working pc. I installed Windows 10 to the SSD using my working computer. After a successful installation on the SSD my HDD in the working computer changed from UEFI to GPT I believe, and is no longer unable to boot from that drive. Is there anyway I can change it back to UEFI without losing any of my stuff or will I need to do a clean install on that drive? I can access the drive by booting from the SSD, so I'm not worried about losing my stuff if a clean install is necessary as I am going to back up my drive and pull off as many files and important information to and external as I can.

Solution
EFI is the bootloader and GPT is the partition table those two work together.
MBR was the old style.

If you take out the ssd and put everything back the way it was before the hdd should boot up normally.You might have to tell uefi that you want to boot up from the old drive if you don't remember where everything was or if you want to try with the ssd still connected.

You can also use easybcd to add your old disk to the boot menu of the new ssd.
EFI is the bootloader and GPT is the partition table those two work together.
MBR was the old style.

If you take out the ssd and put everything back the way it was before the hdd should boot up normally.You might have to tell uefi that you want to boot up from the old drive if you don't remember where everything was or if you want to try with the ssd still connected.

You can also use easybcd to add your old disk to the boot menu of the new ssd.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS