Question UEFI / Startup Issue

greasygrisham

Honorable
Jan 16, 2016
I have a Z390 Phantom Gaming 4S-IB motherboard. I bought my PC from iBUYPOWER. I tried to do an Advanced Startup to access UEFI settings. When the PC came back on the BIOS screen did not appear and the OS would not startup. The iBUYPOWER splash screen did not appear either. The screen was just black. I unplugged the PC, then plugged it back in and powered it up. The OS did eventually startup, but after a much longer time than usual, and no splash screen and also could not access the BIOS. Now the OS rarely starts up correctly or takes a very long time to start at all, half the time I have to unplug it again and then it might start up, but it is random. Do I have a BIOS or motherboard issue?

Last edited:

greasygrisham

Honorable
Jan 16, 2016
Try this. Unplug your monitor from your gpu. Use a hdmi cable to connect your monitor to your motherboad. Restart your pc and see if the bios screen appears using this method. If it does, then check your bios settings, and or reset them if you wish.
I tried it. Didn't work. I still got a black screen. Any other ideas? I appreciate your help.