[SOLVED] Ugrading my old Desktop - why does Task Manager say my RAM only has 667Mhz?

Apr 6, 2020
Hi everyone,
I am still somewhat new to PC building/upgrading, so please apologies if I am asking a very dumb question. Please can someone advise me how to improve the performance of RAM in my desktop?

For context: I am rebuilding this old PC with the purpose of keeping it as a functional work station (so the ability to have multiple Google Docs open on one screen is basically the main purpose), not as a gaming rig.

I have an old Desktop that I bought in 2014 with the following Specs:

Motherboard: M5A78L-M/USB3
Processor: AMD FX-6300 3.5Ghz
GPU: GeForce nVidia GTX750
RAM: Crucial 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
SSD: Samsung QVO 1TB (Just upgraded this to see some instant speed improvements)

My issue is that the RAM looks to be slowing everything down. Looks to be... This is where i need some help/confirmation - maybe I'm way off and I'm being a bit of a ditz.

As you can see above the RAM should be able to go up to 1600mhz, however each time i open Task Manager it is capped at 667mhz for some reason. In fact the chart seem to always tell me it's stuck at (18%). I'm guessing that this means the percentage of memory being used, please correct me if i am wrong.

I had a google around and people kept saying that RAM should be one of the areas of a PC which doesn't deteriorate really, unless there is a power surge or something to really mess with it. (Is this true btw?) So this lead me to thinking that maybe it is an overclocking issue. I went into the BIOS but honestly I feel like i need some more instruction before i accidentally ruin the whole mother board!

Before I attempt to OC anything, and before I go out and buy more RAM to replace the old cards - does anyone have any suggestions as to how i can improve the performance of my existing memory?