[SOLVED] Ugreen Ethernet to USB 3.0 on Win 10

Aug 6, 2019
I have a laptop, an ethernet adapter, windows 10, and I'm using a cable box as a source of connection. It has an ethernet port.
When I diagnose ethernet in Network Connections it says "Plug an ethernet cable into the network adapter." Then I click check to see if the problem is fixed it says "An ethernet cable is not plugged in or might be broken."

Solution
When you say "cable box", are you referring to a cable modem (internet) or a cable box (TV). If it is the latter, the ethernet port usually has no usage for the consumer. It might be used for diagnostic purposes by the cable company.

If you are referring to a cable modem, the adapter should work right out of the box. You can try connecting to another network. You can also try connecting the adapter to another PC.
Aug 6, 2019
Inspirion 11 3000 series. I have never updated bios before and dont know what version it is, but I do know that it doesn't have as many features to work with compared to normal bios. It's restrictive. That's pretty much the adapter, I got it on Amazon for 12 dollars. I think it's the same product. Chipset drivers for my whole laptop or the adapter? I'm on the latest version of windows 10.

Do cableboxes provide connections?

When you say "cable box", are you referring to a cable modem (internet) or a cable box (TV). If it is the latter, the ethernet port usually has no usage for the consumer. It might be used for diagnostic purposes by the cable company.

If you are referring to a cable modem, the adapter should work right out of the box. You can try connecting to another network. You can also try connecting the adapter to another PC.

Solution
Aug 6, 2019
Damn. My hopes and dreams are ruined. Why would they have an ethernet port on this tv cable box, I thought. It said on the little booklet that it was plug and play for windows 10. Thank you.