UHD630 getting extremely poor performance in games

Jul 16, 2018
My uhd 630 integrated graphics on the 8700k is achieving very low frame rates and visual problems in games such as fortnite and gta V, where it is well below acceptable. With all settings set to the lowest possible, and resolution set to 720p resolution, what should be a 60fps+ benchmark for fortnite on a uhd 630, runs well below that, at the mid to high 20's, and often dipping towards the 10's of frames. Fortnite also experiences visual problems, such as water reflections appearing as white squares, and parts of the screen going black for a second, before going to normal. These graphical issues also occur in other titles, such as gta v and the heaven benchmark, which artifacts black squares and the screen flashing green during application use. My question is whether this is normal or not for games, and if it isn't, then where to find the source behind the problem? Are there any solutions to this?

granted, integrated graphics will never 'set the gaming world on fire', but, my 7700K was at least able to play BF1 at 1320x768P in low details without glitching/flashing/artifacting etc., so I'd expect nothing less of the integrated graphics in the 8700K...

Jul 16, 2018
Yes, I have downloaded the latest intel drivers, to no avail.
So would this be a hardware or software problem? Because for context, I had to send in my gtx 1070 into RMA due to artifacting, I had thought the artifacting was on the gpu side, but it seems my integrated graphics have these issues as well.

Jul 16, 2018
I have tried testing both ram sticks one at a time, but the same problems occur for both instances. So is this an issue with the motherboard or the cpu's integrated graphics that causes this?

Jul 16, 2018
Ok, it turns out to be the cpu that is the cause. It is weird because when I have the cpu overclocked to 4.7ghz, fortnite runs at 20-30 fps, but when I run it at default clock speeds, it's running at 50-60 fps on fortnite. So is this the sign of a dud 8700k, or something else?