UK based IT courses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 21, 2020
Hey there all,

In October I'm due to start an undergraduate University course in "Computing and IT" with The Open University.
I haven't written code in some months due to the access course I was originally on closing down on site attendance due to Covid-19, although we still got the qualification as they awarded us our predicted grades.
We mainly studied C++ and very briefly touched on C#. My course now will be primarily based on Python, with which I have little to no experience with. I don't want to go into the course under prepared as I have a few months to practice.
My question is, are there any online courses which are recognised for providing good Python based lessons, and do they also provide a qualification at the end of them? I don't know if there is a difference between learning from a UK based tutor or not but as long as it's of a good quality.
I would also be open to C based lessons to touch up on knowledge lost but the priority is Python.

Cheers,
OneCanVanBam

Ralston18

Titan
I will suggest a more immediate approach.

Download Python. Then go online to look for tutorials that you are comfortable with and see what you can do.

There are also a number of very good Python books. E.g., Python in easy steps by Mike McGrath.

Another option: "Coding for kids" type books. No insult intended but some of those books are very good and you may discover that there will be some "transfer" from your C++ experience into Python.

Then as you gain knowledge and experience with Python you can move to more advanced books and projects.

And you are likely to gain a more solid understanding of your programming/coding strengths and weaknesses.

Then take courses that will improve your knowledge and skills as necessary.

Do not immediately focus on the certifications.

Learn the code and the certifications/qualifications will likely take care of themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.