UK Firm Tracking Users' Cell Phone Choices via Trashcans

Status
Not open for further replies.
In UK every move is watched/recorded by a CCTV camera, so they should feel quite at home with this.../jk
On a serious note, every stupid company that decides to gather data this way should have an opt-IN page, not an opt-out.
Turns out, it's OK when the govt does it, not others (unless, of course, they fully cooperate with govt request to hand over the data anytime).

billgatez

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012
"It doesn't track individuals or individual MAC addresses."
Then how would i know what ad's to show you if it's not tracking you in some way?
Best thing to do with this is to just turn off your phones Wi-Fi. Then they are unable to see the MAC address.

billgatez

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012
Then how would i know what ad's to show you if it's not tracking you in some way?
Best thing to do with this is to just turn off your phones Wi-Fi. Then they are unable to see the MAC address.

billgatez

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012

TripGun

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
This is already implemented in tower tracking so there isn't really a need for this. If I said I wanted to find out what types of routers/modems & the PC's that were behind them by having a program look at them, would you believe that I wasn't after any personal data?

Status
Not open for further replies.