[SOLVED] [UK] Looking for a cheap monitor for an RTX 2060/Ryzen 3700x gaming PC.

Patricius

Honorable
Jul 25, 2015
Hi! I'm building my first PC and I need at least a decent monitor for it until I can save some more money for a better one. At first I thought it would be easy but I'm kinda lost.

I'm looking to spend £100-£150

Main uses will be gaming, movies and anime.

Size: 24"-27"

Resolution not sure, whatever the budget and build allows, I suppose. Same for the refresh rate. I don't really know much about this topic.

I don't care about brands as long as they are reliable.

This is gonna be my only monitor for now and I think the port is HDMI.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Edit: I've found this in the meantime. Opinions?

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/compu...ar~Editorial+Content~103504~Future+Publishing.

Last edited:
Solution
The cheaper IPS screens seem to have banding issue at 75hz, I'd just find a used monitor in your price range with the specs you want in the first place instead of paying twice for the system. There should be plenty of gaming monitors with 144hz or 1440 resolution in your price range used.
The cheaper IPS screens seem to have banding issue at 75hz, I'd just find a used monitor in your price range with the specs you want in the first place instead of paying twice for the system. There should be plenty of gaming monitors with 144hz or 1440 resolution in your price range used.

Solution

Patricius

Honorable
Jul 25, 2015
Some specific recommendations would be nice because I don't even know where to look.

Some specific recommendations would be nice because I don't even know where to look.

Impossible for used parts because that depends on where you are and what is on sale when you look changes quickly. Look for a monitor in your price range from where you can buy one, check on the specs and reviews for it. Most higher refresh rate monitors are good quality. In the US it's pretty easy, craigslist or Facebook marketplace have plenty of things to look at, I'd guess UK has the same type of things you can check.