UK May Use Facebook Logins for National Identity Scheme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richeemxx

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
[citation][nom]echondo[/nom]No. Just no. Just stop.[/citation]
Seriously when is enough going to be enough? Almost every dang site out there now days wants you to login with FB, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn or some other social media crap. There is no reason governments should follow suit.

ksampanna

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
Must warn all the poor twits who think this is convenient, without realising that whichever service they access via their fb accounts, also has access to their personal profile, photos, activities, etc

srap

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
And I thought that the parlament of my country had the most idiots cramped inside... guess both the Greek and the British proved me wrong.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
I wonder why I even both having a scrap email account now days for signing up to websites and such, I should just make a scrap facebook account for all this junk. Sounds easier to deal with, for once I think I found something that facebook may be useful for. I think thats a first on a tech website.

madooo12

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
that's idiotic, just like the constitution committee website only allows you to submit comments or rate them using a fucking facebook account

this is just retarded, if facebook were an open thing or something made for that purpose I'd probably understand that, but it's a company owned by a bunch of businessmen which is against user rights, It just feels wrong, It wouldn't if they had used some service from oracle or vmware, but they chose to use facebook, don't they know that there are some people who don't use it

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]Kami3k[/nom]Come on UK, don't have politics as bad as the US![/citation]
Seems the US was just ahead of the rest of the world when it comes to dumb decisions I guess, you are all gonna catch up and we can all be stupid together :)

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
[citation][nom]assasin32[/nom]I wonder why I even both having a scrap email account now days for signing up to websites and such, I should just make a scrap facebook account for all this junk. Sounds easier to deal with, for once I think I found something that facebook may be useful for. I think thats a first on a tech website.[/citation]
That is why I registered my pet! However, when you deny FB permission to look at contacts or track you they still find a way to do it anyway. A couple friends on FB noticed my pet about a week after his account was created because it was suggested to them. Not happy about this, and not registering an account for myself. Really can't stand FB. I like my pre-FB social sites.

thecolorblue

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
anyone who does this gives facebook carte blanche access to their personal acct on those govt sites

FU$%tard politicians handing everything over to corporations on a greasy silver platter along with a bottle of KY

G

its about right for the UK leaders to screw the country with idiocy like this........

Status
Not open for further replies.