[SOLVED] UK Steam users

Ryzen 5600X
X570 i aorus pro wifi
RTX 2060
2x8 (16gb) 3600mhz HyperX
Seasonic focus GX-750

I just wanted to ask, what kind of speeds do people in the UK get when they download a game from Steam. Im only seeing 9.3 MB/s and I think that's pretty slow, no? Ive watched a few videos and some adjustments they make in task manager, ie going to details and changing steam.exe priority, mine is currently set to 'normal' would changing it to 'high' make much of an impact on the rest of my system and would it improve my download speed?

Solution
I get anywhere between 30-70Mbps through my router,(obviously depending if my family are on their computers.)
Is that wired or WiFi?

megabits/sec vs megaBytes /sec.

Small b vs big B
bits vs Bytes.
Your ISP reports in megabits, Steam reports in megabytes.
Approx 8:1 ratio

If you see a tested 70megabits from your actual connection, Steam reporting 9.3MB/s is right on track.
Nothing is broken or needs fixing.

USAFRet

Titan
I get anywhere between 30-70Mbps through my router,(obviously depending if my family are on their computers.)
Is that wired or WiFi?

Small b vs big B
bits vs Bytes.

If you see a tested 70megabits from your actual connection, Steam reporting 9.3MB/s is right on track.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Solution
Is that wired or WiFi?

Small b vs big B
bits vs Bytes.

Oh really, thanks for explaining! Just proves what a noob I still am. Yes, it's WiFi. Looks like I will be doing some reading about megabits and megabytes today. Thanks again.