UK to Get New 500GB PS3 Slim & Light on 28 September

Status
Not open for further replies.

idroid

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012
[citation][nom]Pennanen[/nom]"same shit, different package"No thanks, im enjoying my 27" 2560x1440 ultra graphics games that run smoothly +80fps.[/citation]

This.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
You are missing the point guys.
RT Strategy game? Yep, PC only.
Seriouis FPS? Yep, PC only.
Arcades? Uhm, I'd say console is more comfortable.
Same goes for number of genres, actually for pretty much anything that doesn't need a mouse.

In relaxed "I sit on my sofa in front my TV" gaming console beats PC. Well, at least for me and I have both PC & PS3.

bennaye

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011
if only apple were this honest about their products and its name. iphone 5 is basically iphone 4s slim and light. and yes, i hate the company so much i brought it into an article about sony. you're welcome.

Pennanen

Honorable
May 29, 2012
[citation][nom]kartu[/nom]You are missing the point guys.RT Strategy game? Yep, PC only.Seriouis FPS? Yep, PC only.Arcades? Uhm, I'd say console is more comfortable.Same goes for number of genres, actually for pretty much anything that doesn't need a mouse.In relaxed "I sit on my sofa in front my TV" gaming console beats PC. Well, at least for me and I have both PC & PS3.[/citation]
I dont know about you but along my 27" screen i have 52" 3d samsung plugged on also. I just switch it on and take my xbox 360 controller and play games from my sofa. Get on my level :D

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]Pennanen[/nom]I dont know about you but along my 27" screen i have 52" 3d samsung plugged on also. I just switch it on and take my xbox 360 controller and play games from my sofa. Get on my level[/citation]

My guess, as a non gamer, is that either system has it's advantages.
If I had kids I'd rather have them use a closed system then a PC where all sorts of things can go wrong, especially with little sticky fingers around :)

Pennanen

Honorable
May 29, 2012
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]My guess, as a non gamer, is that either system has it's advantages.If I had kids I'd rather have them use a closed system then a PC where all sorts of things can go wrong, especially with little sticky fingers around :)[/citation]
I dont know what advantage console has over pc except price. I wouldnt call it an advantage either since it shows on the gameplay and graphics.

bennaye

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011
[citation][nom]Pennanen[/nom]I dont know what advantage console has over pc except price. I wouldnt call it an advantage either since it shows on the gameplay and graphics.[/citation]

wut

waxdart

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
I want a multi-disc DVD changer so I can load the console up with 10 disc or more. No matter how small they make the thing getting my lazy ass off the sofa to play another game is the really issue!
The sensible option would be to copy the DVD to the HDD; but that make too much sense.

720p games don't look great on a large screen (60") but Batman and Burnout are still fun.
Great games are good to go back to after a few years when you are bored, even for only a level or two.

daglesj

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2007
Over £200 for a tired not so special now blu-ray player and pretty tired 6+ year old gaming tech?

I'll pass.

For £130 (£65 for a BD player and £65 for a media/streaming device) I might bite.

nieur

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
Enough with iterations of the same console we're waiting for the
next-gen consoles so better graphic games will be available on PC

BestJinjo

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
bennaye

Apple iPhone 5 has nothing in common with the iPhone 4S other than the exterior design. All the components are a new generation with vastly improved performance. PS3 Ultra-Slim OTOH is the exact same console with CPU shrunk to 32nm and GPU to 28nm. $269-299 for that is insanely overpriced.

[citation][nom]Pennanen[/nom]"same shit, different package"No thanks, im enjoying my 27" 2560x1440 ultra graphics games that run smoothly +80fps.[/citation]

And I'm enjoying PC games on my 30" 2560x1600 Dell at 60+fps. So what's that got to do with a PS3? I enjoy my PS3 in front of a 65" 3D plasma playing online with fellow friends who have PS3s. That's irrespective of the entertainment value of taking it with me when I travel on business, visit relatives, take to tailgate parties, etc. Consoles have their advantages. They were never meant to be as good as PCs, but they are a damn good substitute when we can't drag our PCs around with us and don't want to spend $2,000+ on a dedicated gaming laptop that will run games worth a flip at high settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.