[SOLVED] Uk very cheap build

Solution
I see. Well for those types of games you definitely don't require a discrete GPU so the 3200G is a good choice.

The build you proposed is more than fair. Just a couple of points you might want to consider since you've technically got another 100 quid to spare:
  • 16GB of RAM since you've only got 2 DIMM slots. You can find something for another 20-25quid. In theory, 8GB should be sufficient however I personally know that during programming, I can often have dozens of apps and tabs open at the same time. If you think you do that a lot you will eventually want 16GB.
  • 240GB SSD is quite restrictive IMO. I would suggest a 480 for another 20quid for more comfort. But in theory 240 is enough for what you've listed.
As for the PSU...

AlfieBJ

Prominent
May 12, 2020
What is the purpose of this build? How far are you willing to stretch your budget? What are you trying to achieve with that budget?
Light gaming(occasional csgo, league or hearthstone) and programming in visual studio, and everyday browsing Spotify etc.

would like it to be as cheap as possible, ideally no more than £350

thanks

I see. Well for those types of games you definitely don't require a discrete GPU so the 3200G is a good choice.

The build you proposed is more than fair. Just a couple of points you might want to consider since you've technically got another 100 quid to spare:
  • 16GB of RAM since you've only got 2 DIMM slots. You can find something for another 20-25quid. In theory, 8GB should be sufficient however I personally know that during programming, I can often have dozens of apps and tabs open at the same time. If you think you do that a lot you will eventually want 16GB.
  • 240GB SSD is quite restrictive IMO. I would suggest a 480 for another 20quid for more comfort. But in theory 240 is enough for what you've listed.
As for the PSU, it's a sufficient choice for your build. However, if you feel that you may someday add a discrete GPU onto your build, keep in mind that it is recommended to upgrade the PSU along with it. In which case I would recommend something like this:
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product...ified-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-ssr-450fm (best of the lot)
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product...-w-80-bronze-certified-atx-power-supply-bn246

Note: It is by no means a bad build so if you're satisfied with it. Go for the parts you've selected.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS