UK's ICO Demands Google Delete Street View Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
Gotta love how politicians operate. They make it sound like they're forcing Google to get rid of the data when they're the ones who told them to hold on to it to begin with.

Usersname

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
They've got a nerve when GCHQ and NSA are vacuuming up everyone's electronic data illicitly.

Google's new slogan should be "Don't be less evil than the government agencies who do evil".

PedanticNo1

Honorable
May 3, 2013
So they were just accidentally accumulating that data, without even noticing it? How does this happen . . .? I would be less suspicious if if wasn't web addresses visited and email addresses being collected- we're talking about Google here, that's their bread and butter.

Seriously, though, like Alidan said, secure your damn network. Stop being a dunce.

irish_adam

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010

Exactly!

they only got glimpses of your net activity as the car drove past (1-2 seconds?) but your neighbors can spy on you all the time, hell i can sit outside your house and leach your wifi 24/7 and commit all kinds of crime which you will be prosecuted for.

This to me doesnt highlight how bad google is but more of how stupid and ignorant people still are about their wifi

Marcus52

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
How do you "accidentally" keep track of WiFi data?

Of course everyone should secure their own connections, but Google keeping some kind of "accidental" files only makes it easier for crooks that happen to be employed by Google to take advantage of the data. The fact that they claim it was somehow "accidental" puts the whole thing in question in my mind. What is Google really up to?

Status
Not open for further replies.