Ultima IV Will Be ''Re-imagined'' F2P Title By BioWare Mythic

Status
Not open for further replies.

sephirothmk

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
[citation][nom]noobalert[/nom]"combining BioWare's AAA level of storytelling" with EA' FFF level of service, and support![/citation]

Hahahaha yea, are Bioware and EA on crack? Bioware's storytelling has been nothing but bland and repeating and EA's level of service is nonexistent after they receive your money.

aggroboy

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
[citation][nom]sephirothmk[/nom]Hahahaha yea, are Bioware and EA on crack? Bioware's storytelling has been nothing but bland and repeating and EA's level of service is nonexistent after they receive your money.[/citation]
That's probably subjective. I thought Bioware still has one of the best game storytelling among major developers.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
[citation][nom]aggroboy[/nom]That's probably subjective. I thought Bioware still has one of the best game storytelling among major developers.[/citation]may be it was b4 acquired by EA

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
[citation][nom]Tomfreak[/nom]may be it was b4 acquired by EA[/citation]

No Bioware had crappy storylines even before EA acquired them. Neverwinter Nights storyline sucked, main game also sucked. Where it shined was the multiplayer, I spent more time playing that game than any other game I have ever owned by far.

f-14

Distinguished
Activision and EA
you know how D3 sucks?
....we've made it so it's small groups of people, three or four people down [in] the dungeon, going through the world of Ultima,...
that's one major reason why right there.
guess i know where activision gets their 'brilliant ideas' from.

here's a perfect example
http://www.geek.com/articles/games/blizzard-community-manager-warns-gamers-diablo-iii-isnt-awesome-20120223/
Regardless of whether it’s next month or three months from now, fans are very excited about Diablo III. However, one of Blizzard’s community managers named Bashiok is concerned there’s too much hype, and has gotten quite serious about it in the Battle.net forums.

Bashiok explains that part of his role as a community manager is to manage the expectations of gamers. He feels the expectations people have for Diablo III are, quite frankly, way too high. He compares it to M. Night Shyamalan movies, suggesting the third game in the series is no Sixth Sense, it’s more like a sequel to The Happening. If you’ve watched both those films, that’s a pretty damning statement to make.

The one mistake Bashiok made was to not explain himself properly. His comments could be interpreted as a warning that the game isn’t very good, but I don’t believe that is what he is trying to say. Diablo III isn’t bad, it’s just not going to be a breakout title like Diablo was because it can’t be. It’s still going to be a fantastic gameplay experience, but it’s basically more of the same, which is what fans want in an up-to-date graphical form on modern hardware. if you expect anymore than that then yes, you will probably be disappointed.

MrMakapuu

Distinguished
May 13, 2012
Hey EA how your games doing? EA "Well the experiement with SWTOR is up in the air, it is KOTOR 3 btw, we just wanted to milk it with the subs, think of it as 12 games for 1. Muahahaha cha ching!” “ME3, well we kinda rushed that one, but hey it looks kinda good, but we knew it had no soul, but hey we sure made a shit load of CHA CHING!!!! Oh and how about your ULTIMA IV reboot? EA “ Well its already made, will just make it reall stupid this time for masses!!! CHA CHING CHA CHING!!! Hey EA how your games doing? EA "Well the experiement with SWTOR

noobalert

Honorable
Mar 2, 2012

A better example is what they did to Warhammer Online, and Mythic Studios.

Its funny that they still use the name Mythic in there Title "Bioware Mythic" I guess they plain on making a Dark Age of Camelot 2 to squeeze all they can out of that failed investment.

smakadopolis

Honorable
May 17, 2012
[citation][nom]noobalert[/nom]A better example is what they did to Warhammer Online, and Mythic Studios. Its funny that they still use the name Mythic in there Title "Bioware Mythic" I guess they plain on making a Dark Age of Camelot 2 to squeeze all they can out of that failed investment.[/citation]

There's no way that they'd make a DAoC2, and even if they did, they'd manage to screw it up. It'd be another stupid WoW clone. Plus DAoC wouldn't exist because god hates me. :)

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
Ultima 3&4 on my good old C64 was what got me into the whole RPG thing. I am just a bit skeptical of this whole F2P thing. What is it going to be $50 for a bag of gold or some crap like that? I pretty much hate F2P. I want to pay for a game knowing I actually have a complete game to play at my own choosing. I am sure EA will find a money-making F2P way to "cheapen" my Ultima experience.

salgado18

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
It actually interested me, but gosh, have you read those agreements? The thing is evil, if they feel injured you must do paper stuff for them, if you don't they can legally do it for you. Personal information is open and all that stuff.
As much as I want to see an Ultima game, I don't want an EA game.

Status
Not open for further replies.