Ultimate Liquid cooling setup

MingoDynasty

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2006
If money was not an object, what would be the absolute best liquid cooling setup? (that fits with a Thermaltake Armor case) (and ignoring useless components for ram and etc)

MingoDynasty

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2006
Are you just looking at water cooling for for sub zero cooling such as phase change and peltiers?

Phase change and peltiers are not liquid cooling. Liquid cooling is just fine, cuz 20C (room temp) is pretty good enough already.

GrimReaperGuy

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2006
For the radiator, you are going to want a ThermoChill PA120.3, maybe two. It's really no contest here.
Link: http://www.thermochill.com/pa1203.php

The Storm G5 is no longer in production, you'll have to settle for either a second hand one (check eBay, failing that XS Forums) or a Storm G4, available from Swiftech, resold at most major liquid cooling stockists.
Alternatively, you could wait for the G7 release, sometime in the coming months, log on to XS Forums and give "Cathar" a PM.
Link: http://www.swiftnets.com/

Regarding pumps, I would suggest you take a look at Petra's shop and grab yourself one of her modified DDCs. Depending on how many blocks you are running in your loop, you might get a second one and hook them up in series, though this will cause additional heat dump into the loop and you would probably also then want to invest in a second radiator (Although with that many blocks to require another pump in series you would want another anyway).
Link: http://www.petrastechshop.com/laddcwpeddto.html

For the tubing, get yourself some 1/2" or 7/16" Tygon tubing, also available from Petra's shop.
Link: http://www.petrastechshop.com/1id3odtyr.html

If you are intending on cooling the chipsets, I'd suggest a Maze4, probably also available from Petra's, although you should really shop around for all these items. Be sure to check motherboard compatability.
Link: http://www.petrastechshop.com/dadenma4chwa.html

For a GPU block, grab yourself a DangerDen Maze5.
http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=164&cat=48&page=1

Reservoirs really depend on your case and other items, and you'll find little difference. If you're feeling really cool, get a Zalman Reserator 2, rip out the pump, and use it as a passively cooled reservoir/radiator in addition to your existing radiators. (Although this wouldn't be good for your flow rate, but hey, you've got 2 pumps in series at this stage)

MingoDynasty

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2006
Thanks for info. I've heard some people say that Swiftec MP350 and MP355 are the best pumps. Is this true? And there's not much difference between masterkleer and tygon.

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
Are you just looking at water cooling for for sub zero cooling such as phase change and peltiers?

Phase change and peltiers are not liquid cooling. Liquid cooling is just fine, cuz 20C (room temp) is pretty good enough already.

Right... try to use a peltier without a liquid cooling system....

mcain591

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2006
if you get a petlier, such as the swiftec one, you will see phenominal results.
BTW, you NEED liquid cooling for petliers, because air would only be able to cool an 18w petlier, and as for the 226w, you would fry your chip if you didn't utilize liquid cooling.

bigsby

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
Instead of getting triple 120mm Rads, you should go for something much cheaper and much more effective, though you will have to do a bit of your own work. Go down to the automotive shop and get a 6 inch heatercore from them. Then you have to buy a 140mm and up fan to put on it. Then you'll have to build a shroud for the fan, as well as a some 1 inch tall feet to put on it, because it probably won't fit in your case.

A single 6 inch heatercore can beat triple 120mm rads, and cost a hell of a lot less. 31 degrees Celcius load temps for cpu when cooling a very overclocked x850xt and an athlon 64 4200+ that's at 3.1GHz, with fan voltage of 7 volts.

orsino

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
Frankly now that the Amanda is out, I dunno why anyone would go liquid for 90% of systems out there. Sure, if you're trying to squeeze the very last Hertz out of your CPU you might wanna go for all the plumbing, but for realistic usage, (I never OCd and never will) the benchmarks I've seen are damn impressive.

MadHacker

Distinguished
May 20, 2006
I went the watercooling route becuase I already had all teh gear...
if i didn't the Amanda is a sweet cooler...
i wonder what would happen if we changed the TEC in it to 80W or 120W?

MingoDynasty

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2006

What's the Amanda? Is that some girl or sumtin?

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
I don't know about you but that thing is a monster. I'd rather stick a 200w+ peltier under my current water cooling and get better results.

If you are starting from scratch and have the space and don't plan to water cool anything else such as video, nb, ram... etc then the Amanda works well.

MingoDynasty

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2006
I don't know about you but that thing is a monster. I'd rather stick a 200w+ peltier under my current water cooling and get better results.

If you are starting from scratch and have the space and don't plan to water cool anything else such as video, nb, ram... etc then the Amanda works well.

I plan to liquid cool my cpu and gpu in the future. A fan can cool more than enough for northbridge, and ram heatsinks are fine. So cpu and gpu is all I would ever need to worry about.

mcain591

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2006
you cant. The heatsink cannot dissipate the combined heat of your CPU and petlier

if you dont believe me, then search google.

orsino

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006

The first thing of concern, even if you could get it to work by bolting on a bigger heatsink, would be condensation. If you start putting killer peltiers into your system you're gonna start the drip drip drip drip drip of death! :D

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
I plan to liquid cool my cpu and gpu in the future. A fan can cool more than enough for northbridge, and ram heatsinks are fine. So cpu and gpu is all I would ever need to worry about.

I wasn't saying that you needed to water cool the nb and ram or even hdd's just that if you wished to you still need to get everything involved with a water cooling setup and that makes the Amanda superfluous. Get a good water cooling set up for the cpu and gpu then add a peltier. Gettting the Amanda for the cpu and a water cooling set up for the gpu doesn't make sense to me.

OEM-NIB-OBO

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2006
Frankly now that the Amanda is out, I dunno why anyone would go liquid for 90% of systems out there. Sure, if you're trying to squeeze the very last Hertz out of your CPU you might wanna go for all the plumbing, but for realistic usage, (I never OCd and never will) the benchmarks I've seen are damn impressive.

Yes the Titan Tec Amanda has negligible cooling performance vs a normal normal water cooling setup. The thermaltake Typhoon costs half as much and offers almost the same cooling. A 200wat peltier can be found on ebay for $30 and used in conjunction with any choice water cooling setup. ( must use X 2 120MM Radiator at the minimum)

orsino

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
Ok, then, a quick question. What about running the WC tubes into a small bar fridge and plunking the 2x120mm Rads in there? They wouldn't freeze as the bar fridge would be set up to keep beverages cool but would they provide a similar cooling effect to a 200W Peltier? Would you have to worry about condensation?

MingoDynasty

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2006
Ok, then, a quick question. What about running the WC tubes into a small bar fridge and plunking the 2x120mm Rads in there? They wouldn't freeze as the bar fridge would be set up to keep beverages cool but would they provide a similar cooling effect to a 200W Peltier? Would you have to worry about condensation?

I thought this topic was about liquid cooling, not peltier/phase change?