Ultra Widescreen 34" QHD VS Dual 1080p Monitors?

Zaknokimi

Reputable
May 28, 2015
Hello everyone.

I just made a huge order for a gaming PC (actually to be used for Photo editing, work etc as well as gaming.)

The PC I ordered has:
16gb RAM
Intel core i7 6-core 4820k CPU
Nvidia GTX 970 Graphics Card
2 SSD (1 for OS, 1 for scratch disk)
1 HDD for storage etc.

These are just basic specs that might be relevant to help you find an answer, i.e, looking at the graphics card you might be able to tell me if Ultra Widescreen in QHD can be supported, etc...

I'd like to use this PC for gaming during my spare times. I'm not looking to play high FPS shooters or anything on that, though I understand the GTX 970 can support that. I play MMOs such as FFXIV mainly, which aren't as intensive as, say, Crysis 3 at 60fps.

I'd like to mainly use this PC for photoshopping or video editing.

The main question is:
Will an ultra widescreen be enough, or shall I choose 2 large 1080 widescreen monitors instead?

These are the questions I'd like to ask with regards to this topic:

- If I were to pick an ultra widescreen, shall I go for QHD (such as this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-34UM95-Inch-Ultra-Monitor/dp/B00JXD6DL0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1432815467&sr=8-1&keywords=qhd+ultra+widescreen)

or is 2560 x1080 alright (such as this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-29UM65-P-29Inch-Wide-Monitor/dp/B00HYZXZ7O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1432815470&sr=8-1&keywords=ultra+widescreen )

- Is the extra price for the ultra widescreen worth it? I could be saving over £400 if I were to buy 2 1080p widescreen monitors instead.

- It seems like dual monitors will make it easier to multitask, but what about photoshopping? Will that ultrawidescreen make a huge difference?

Thanks, the questions are actually quite simple. your feedback is much appreciated.

It would be especiialy helpfull if you could pass on some suggestions on which monitors I could purchase with whichever answer you provide.

I was wondering if

TRENDING THREADS