Question ultra x3 1000w psu ; ult-he1000x

Status
Not open for further replies.

mc_spaceman

Reputable
Aug 6, 2019
I have lost some of the cables over the years, as i put this beast away after upgrading to a 1200w. my 1200w is going to die soon (coil whine / fan rattle). i would prefer to use my old power supply than buy new. does anyone know if i can use some modular cables from another brand since ULTRA is out of business now? i cannot source cables even on ebay.

OR.. i am wondering if i can use cables from a ultra x-connect, or ultra x4 models.

my psu model: ult-he1000x

ultra x3 1000w fully modular power supply

*** I need a few 6/6+2 pin pcie cables, some of the other peripheral cables would be nice, as i only have 1 strand with 3x sata, and 2 strands with 3x4pin molex. i have the 4 pin and 8 pin cpu cables, and the main motherboard cable.

mc_spaceman

Reputable
Aug 6, 2019
ULTRA has long been out of business. i cannot seem to find anywhere to even have the cables custom made. seems it was a specific connector for the pci-e and they crossed a wire or something somewhere .. i dont want to mess up my dual vegas..

e/ i guess i am just going to have to wait to buy a new psu, and just use my computer less, until i do. i am not taking away from my kids Christmas at this point and how close we are..

86zx

Upstanding
Nov 1, 2019
ULTRA has long been out of business. i cannot seem to find anywhere to even have the cables custom made. seems it was a specific connector for the pci-e and they crossed a wire or something somewhere .. i dont want to mess up my dual vegas..

e/ i guess i am just going to have to wait to buy a new psu, and just use my computer less, until i do. i am not taking away from my kids Christmas at this point and how close we are..
i used cables from another psu before , two dead hard drives later I decided to get new cables. You can usually find EVGA 1200-1300w psu on eBay for fairly cheap I got a 1300w supernova for 30$ basically brand new

mc_spaceman

Reputable
Aug 6, 2019
just found a ULTRA "ULT-HE 0850x" on ebay and snagged it for $30.. was just posted 2 hours ago. has ALL of the modular cables. the manual that came with the 1000w included this 800w model and shows the same wiring output diagram. score!! may be able to use both psu's just steal the few cables i need from the 800 for my 1000..

Status
Not open for further replies.