Ultra X4 850Wall Power Supply

Bobbie216

Commendable
Mar 14, 2016
Without raising too much of a stink cause i know you guys don't like this PSU I need some info on this thing
on the Modular connections on the back of the unit which one of the eight pins is the 12 volt Mother board connection. I have hunted all over creation to find a manual for this thing but have drawn a blank
I apprecicate any and all help

Solution
hint: 95% chance it's the bottom left. why? ha! you figure it out!

maxresdefault.jpg

hint = look at how the pin holes are cut, some are square and some are half-round. look at how the 8pin motherboard socket ON YOUR MOTHERBOARD is cut. look at how the bottom-left connector is cut. same? yeah...

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
There should be only 1 8 pin connector, its 2 4 pin connectors on the same wire.

Any other 8 pins would be 6+2 pin connectors (a 6 pin and a 2 pin on the same wire) which are for PCIe.

And yeah I wouldn't be doing my TH duty without telling you to toss that thing and buy a better PSU.

giantbucket

Dignified
BANNED
hint: 95% chance it's the bottom left. why? ha! you figure it out!

maxresdefault.jpg

hint = look at how the pin holes are cut, some are square and some are half-round. look at how the 8pin motherboard socket ON YOUR MOTHERBOARD is cut. look at how the bottom-left connector is cut. same? yeah...

Solution

Bobbie216

Commendable
Mar 14, 2016
Thank you i was lost and unable to find the manual for this thing in my computer box.
At this point i am unable to purchase another power supply and this one has done me well up until i had a problem and
lost my Motherboard and Video card to a pair of Male Cats. I have checked this power supply on another computer and it has worked flawlessly with out issue at all . back about 6 years ago i purchased this power supply with a Z77 Military class motherboard Intel I-5 3570 Processor 32 Gigs of Patroit Viper Extreme Ram a pair of Sapphire HD-7770Ghz Edition Video Cards The X4 power Supply a Cooler Master V-6 CPU Cooler and a Cooler Master HAF-932 Advanced Full Tower Case. The entire Computer was purchased through Comp Usa in Delaware. This Computer has done me well and would not have had any problems had these cats not decided that they wanted to mark it as their own.
I understand the age and i also understand the worry from you guys but at this point my budget will not allow a new power supply probably for about 6 to 8 months from when i purchase the new motherboard.
so i will have to risk it for now
Again Thank you one and all for your responses

TRENDING THREADS