Question Ultrawide monitor Console Gaming

Vyns__

Reputable
Jun 26, 2017
I have a 3440 x 1440 ultrawide monitor to use with my PC mainly for editing pictures and watching bluray movies.

Now, I also have a PS5 console and would like to use that on the same monitor, but the monitor does not support 16:9 aspect ratio.

Is there anyway I can connect the PS5 to my PC and and play in a window on my PC?

I don't have any spare PCI slots, so it would have to be USB and I'd like to play at as high a resolution as possible with at least 60fps.

Thanks in advance.

Ak47Egy

Honorable
Jun 4, 2016
Rerouting any video signal through USB is simply not possible, and your graphics card only outputs video it doesn't input video from other devices, just use the PS5 on your monitor with the black bars to the left and right of the screen, I'm sure it doesn't zoom in to make things out of frame

Vyns__

Reputable
Jun 26, 2017
Rerouting any video signal through USB is simply not possible, and your graphics card only outputs video it doesn't input video from other devices, just use the PS5 on your monitor with the black bars to the left and right of the screen, I'm sure it doesn't zoom in to make things out of frame
Thanks for the reply.

The problem I have with attaching the monitor directly to the PS5 is that the image stretches to fit the whole 21:9. I have been intouch with IIYAMA who say that a limitation of their monitors is that they only support FULLSCREEN (21:9), DOT to DOT (which again uses the full screen but cuts the top and bottom off the image) and ASPECT RATIO (which is actually 4:3 and looks worse than 21:9 stretch).

I can stream my PS5 to my PC through PS REMOTE PLAY, but it has slight lag (not too bad though).

I am now thinking about capture devices. I've seen a few on AMAZON for anything between £15 and £300. And was wondering if they were worth a try. They have HDMI input and connect via USB. Are they a viable option or, as you suggest, is USB not any good for that.