Ultrawide monitor with a dual monitor setup

meneghini12

Reputable
Apr 2, 2015
Hello everyone,

I was looking into getting a new monitor. I already have a nice 27" 1920 × 1080 monitor.
I wanted to buy a ultrawide monitor that will be at least 2560 ×1080.
Would I have issues with resolution and setup if I try to use both an ultrawide monitor with a normal 1920 × 1080? Would it be like trying to use a 4k monitor with a 1080p monitor? I hope I explained this well enough. If you have any additional questions or want to see the monitors I want to use, let me know! Thank you!!!

Solution
They should work well together side by side in the desktop environment - I can't imagine why it would be an issue.

Gaming, of course, I'd have the game on the ultra-wide, and not try to spread it across two monitors, since that would probably look strange even if both monitors' screens are the same exact height.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
They should work well together side by side in the desktop environment - I can't imagine why it would be an issue.

Gaming, of course, I'd have the game on the ultra-wide, and not try to spread it across two monitors, since that would probably look strange even if both monitors' screens are the same exact height.

Solution

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
It's been a long time since I've done it, but I know in the past I've run a laptop on its own screen and a separate monitor together, where the laptop was the primary screen and the stand-alone monitor was set up as "extend Windows desktop onto second screen." and it worked well. They had different vertical resolutions, so the mouse position when it moved to the second screen sometimes seemed a little odd.

That your monitors would both have the same vertical resolution should make it a smoother experience, I believe.