[SOLVED] Ultrawide or 2k... or both?

Oct 12, 2018
Looking to upgrade my monitor. Currently using a 24" g sync monitor but with my 1080ti im leaving alot of performance on the table.

So time for an upgrade. Im caught between plumping for a 27" 2k display, a 1080p ultrawide at a slightly higher price (100ish) or a combination of the two (at about 350 more).

My question is I just kind of need advice. I dont really enjoy upgrading my rig. I like to do it in bulk. Looking for this one to last 5 years or so if poss with little effort (optimist).

So with that in mind. Is the jump to 2k from 1080p worth it? And will the combination of the 2k and ultrawide significantly lower the life span of the rig?

Oh and I use it primarily for gaming.

Solution
Ultra wide is my preference over 2k, but it's opinionated. Ultra Wide lets you see more around your surroundings when gaming, vs 2k which is just standard widescreen. Ultra wide does need HDMI 2.0, so make sure you have that before you consider a ultra wide monitor.

If you do get an ultra wide, you really don't need an additional monitor for an ultra wide setup, as the screen itself is quite long. But if you want, it's your choice.

mangaman

Honorable
Ultra wide is my preference over 2k, but it's opinionated. Ultra Wide lets you see more around your surroundings when gaming, vs 2k which is just standard widescreen. Ultra wide does need HDMI 2.0, so make sure you have that before you consider a ultra wide monitor.

If you do get an ultra wide, you really don't need an additional monitor for an ultra wide setup, as the screen itself is quite long. But if you want, it's your choice.

Solution