[SOLVED] Ultrawide Streaming?

Solution
Haha thanks. I have been having issues and decided to make two posts. Thanks! I have decided to try and upgrade to either a ryzen or i9. Depends on if I want budget and better streaming or gaming performance.
Well if you go Intel then go 10th gen as the i5's are now hyperthreaded. You'll need to buy a new motherboard for 10th gen and do a clean install of Windows however it's worth it for the additional cores/threads required for streaming.

For AMD the 3rd gen is a solid choice but AMD is coming out with the 3rd gen XT versions which are slightly improved over 3rd gen so that may be a good option as well. I've always gone with what is the better price to performance and currently AMD is doing quite with in the mid to high range...

WildCard999

Titan
Which resolution?

Refresh rate?

Game(s)?

Ideally you'd want something with extra threads such as the Ryzen 3600/3700X and depending on the resolution may require a fairly beefy GPU. For memory preferably 16gb over 8gb but if the budget allows I'd snag 32gb.

JacobiOneKanobi

Reputable
Mar 20, 2019
Which resolution?

Refresh rate?

Game(s)?

Ideally you'd want something with extra threads such as the Ryzen 3600/3700X and depending on the resolution may require a fairly beefy GPU. For memory preferably 16gb over 8gb but if the budget allows I'd snag 32gb.

Right now I have a 3440x1440p monitor 100hz

Games are probably rocket league, lol, valorant, COD MW.

I currently have 32gb of ram, i5 9400f, rtx 2060

WildCard999

Titan

JacobiOneKanobi

Reputable
Mar 20, 2019
Oh I knew your name sounded familiar.
https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/best-solution-for-streaming.3624175/#post-21847108

Have you tried streaming off the GPU?

Anyways for streaming off of the CPU you'll want something like the Ryzen 3600 (or better) or Intel equivalent with hyperthreading as the i5/i7's 9th gen doesn't have it. Those additional threads are massively beneficial for streaming.
Haha thanks. I have been having issues and decided to make two posts. Thanks! I have decided to try and upgrade to either a ryzen or i9. Depends on if I want budget and better streaming or gaming performance.

WildCard999

Titan
Well if you go Intel then go 10th gen as the i5's are now hyperthreaded. You'll need to buy a new motherboard for 10th gen and do a clean install of Windows however it's worth it for the additional cores/threads required for streaming.

For AMD the 3rd gen is a solid choice but AMD is coming out with the 3rd gen XT versions which are slightly improved over 3rd gen so that may be a good option as well. I've always gone with what is the better price to performance and currently AMD is doing quite with in the mid to high range market.

Solution

JacobiOneKanobi

Reputable
Mar 20, 2019

For AMD the 3rd gen is a solid choice but AMD is coming out with the 3rd gen XT versions which are slightly improved over 3rd gen so that may be a good option as well. I've always gone with what is the better price to performance and currently AMD is doing quite with in the mid to high range market.

Understoon thanks!