UltraWide vs 2 Monitors

MAAT999

Commendable
Apr 15, 2017
Im thinking about expanding my gaming experience ,i have a really bad monitor,so i thought about buying a new monitor ,but my friend told me to buy 2 (one of them 4k)monitors instead of 1 ultra wide monitor.
I mainly will use it for PC gaming but sometimes for ps4 or xbox one.
I'm not sure if this will have any difference but I play third person shooter games like gta v or just cause and also some racing games like forza. So what do you think I should buy,im really bad at those techy things ,even 15-year-olds know better than me.

:::eek:pps? I switched from PC to laptop gaming weeks ago so i got mixed up,i dont know if its weird but I still prefer Monitors over my laptop screen and my laptop's specs:
Its the Lenovo Legion Y520
Core i7 7700HQ
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050(4gb)
16 gb ram(ddr4)

Solution
2560x1080 would be a bit much for a GTX1050, it is considered the entry level gaming card. It would work on older titles or those that are less graphically demanding. Two 1080p monitors would be worse, so if only one screen were used for gaming and the second for something else maybe.

Using a laptop as a desktop replacement is perfectly acceptable, but you might have splurged on getting at least a GTX1060 6GB if your plan was higher resolutions. Really though, anything beyond 1080p requires GTX1070 and up.
In a general sense, I prefer 2 monitors over ultra wide for increased productivity (especially in non-gaming tasks).
If all you do on your PC is web browsing and gaming then the ultra-wide could be better assuming the games you play scale out to 21:9
If you do a lot of multitasking then dual monitors is hands down better.

Now as far as which model to get that depends on the factors asked by Eximo.
No reason to get a 4k monitor if your GPU cant handle it.

MAAT999

Commendable
Apr 15, 2017

I wrote them.

Ok well a 1050 is far from able to drive a 4k monitor, even an ultrawide for gaming is out of the question.

At current hardware level you wont bennefit from anything fancy (high hz, high resolution or ultra wide monitors).

I would just get 2 monitors with decent 3ms or faster refresh rate.
I highly suggest getting a mount (which means making sure monitors are VESA mount compatible). This will give you more desk space and put the monitors at a higher height and better angle for useage.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
2560x1080 would be a bit much for a GTX1050, it is considered the entry level gaming card. It would work on older titles or those that are less graphically demanding. Two 1080p monitors would be worse, so if only one screen were used for gaming and the second for something else maybe.

Using a laptop as a desktop replacement is perfectly acceptable, but you might have splurged on getting at least a GTX1060 6GB if your plan was higher resolutions. Really though, anything beyond 1080p requires GTX1070 and up.

Solution

MAAT999

Commendable
Apr 15, 2017

Technically,the laptop i wrote is not the one ,im planning on buying a new one ,the one i wrote is the closest one i got .so if the gtx 1050 is not enough for games i like than i saw the acer predator 15 ,reasonable price and it got a gtx 1060 (6gb) so i was thinking of buying this one instead of the lenovo,what do you think?!

MAAT999

Commendable
Apr 15, 2017

k thx