Question Um, What? I have questions. Fx 4350.

jexorz

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2013
So i was shopping around black friday deals and somehow or another, i keep coming across Absurd prices for the Fx-4350 4.2 ghz quad core processor. Could anyone shed some light on why im seeing these for hundreds of dollars compared 20-30$ for the slighly worse model? I read it overclocks well but well enough to justify such prices?

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
So i was shopping around black friday deals and somehow or another, i keep coming across Absurd prices for the Fx-4350 4.2 ghz quad core processor. Could anyone shed some light on why im seeing these for hundreds of dollars compared 20-30$ for the slighly worse model? I read it overclocks well but well enough to justify such prices?
Because they are out of production and you're looking in the wrong places. On eBay, they go for around $50 which is about $15-25 more than what you find them on classifieds like Reddit. A G4560, for example, you can find used for around that same $50 and anything on the FX line struggles to keep up with it.

FX4350.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: King_V

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Still useable as an e-mail/office CPU I suppose. If you have a board and some DDR3 always nice to donate those to local charities or re-use shops. I'm spoiled in that I have a local company that will take pretty much all 'e-waste' They'll build systems out of whatever people drop off and hand them out for free. All their operating costs are covered by recycling what isn't valuable or working and grant applications. And they use a lot of students from the local high schools.

jexorz

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2013
I was thinking of cobbling togeather a little system and selling it to be honest, something that can run the popular free games and be good for a student on a budget or a kid that wont take care of it like they should.