Unable access BIOS anymore

JimmyTheBoy

Commendable
Dec 11, 2016
About 6 month ago I installed my new graphic card. It required 2x 6-pin but I only had one so I deviced to turn two of my SATAs to 6-pin which worked out well but then I had problem, windows woudn't boot at all and bios was beeping 6-8 times. I was unable to do anything as it woudn't display image. Switched back to old graphic card entered BIOS and figured out the issue was with secure boot and turned it off and switched back to the new and everythign was working fine and got rid of the old one.

Today I got so much pissed off that my fast boot wasen't working anymore somehow and went to BIOS see if there are options. Then I saw fast boot was enabled but secure boot isin't and I was like, hmh, why is it disabled? Turned it on and left the BIOS and then... my comp did not boot and was beeping 6-8 times. Tried to wait, no, took hard disk off, no, reset BIOS, no, tried once again to just hope it to boot, made the beeps and then it started booting up the windows, I was very confused. Now everytime I boot my computer it makes the beeps and start. Not a problem.

Now my computer seems to work fine but now I have new issue again. I can't enter my BIOS anymore. Whatever I do its just black screen. Even the same thing with windows 8 UEFI. Manufactor logo don't display anymore on boot too. So now I cant anymore turn off the secure boot and enable legacy mode like it used to be. Also when I reset the BIOS virtualization is now disabled also which is huge deal to me. I tried to update BIOS but it didin't have impact on the issue.

JimmyTheBoy

Commendable
Dec 11, 2016

About 3 years old computer, motherboard is Intel Z75 Express, HP Envy h8-1510eo

I have already successfully reset the bios, looks like secure boot is enabled by default. I had virtualization enabled but after the reset it has disabled.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I think your bios is an American Megatrends as its only one with that many beeps

4, 5, 6, 7 beeps = Fatal errors related to the operation of critical motherboard components - such as the CPU.
8 = Video memory
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02222922

that may/may not explain the beeps... does it have onboard graphics? the HP site says it depends on the CPU onboard.

if error is only 6 beeps then the motherboard could be to blame. I would get it looked at as PC shouldn't beep anymore than 1 time at start up

JimmyTheBoy

Commendable
Dec 11, 2016

No it dont have onbord graphics. Also it mostly beeps 6 times and it only happens when I have the SATA's connected to the graphic card

JimmyTheBoy

Commendable
Dec 11, 2016

Colif

Win 11 Master

it doesn't seem like you can.

When you swapped to secure boot it switched that legacy settings to what ever it is now. (See, I can answer questions if I am awake), hence why the beeping started again. Not sure why it made BIOS all black though,

I wonder if black screens caused by bios being incompatible with current graphics card and refusing to display on it. You original fix of swapping in the old card would likely fix it again if you had that card still.

JimmyTheBoy

Commendable
Dec 11, 2016
I know the risks but the tutorials I have been looking has GUI and you can navigate thought list of items and edit them looks simle but in action idk. If someone would have little bit knowledge about the program would help alot. If someone has succefully used it I'm willing to take the risk

JimmyTheBoy

Commendable
Dec 11, 2016

As I take power from two SATA (They are the only ones I have free) for the graphic card bcs I don't want to replace the PSU with new one for just one PCIE extra power can that effect that the graphic card is not turned on until windows boots up? Maybe the BIOS dont want give them power but windows is fine with it? And yeah I don't have the old one as it was taking space and I didin't need it so I just got rid of it :/

EDIT: Also this is the adapter https://images.jimms.fi/product/4/8/67241-p102210.jpg