Unable install an exe file on windows 10

pawlu7388

Prominent
Apr 1, 2017
Unable to install a recently downloaded exe file on WIN 10, on PC, but i can install, when the exe is copied on a usb stick! Older exe file open, only new ones cannot open!

Did a run of sfc/scannow in safe mode, still problem persists. Various anti virus programs produced no reults.

Resetting windows, without loosing personal file, indicated no need of because here were no changes in system files.

Tried to open windows installer package on a usb stick, tried to instl, but stopped.

Is there anything else I can do, before a clean windows install?

Solution
you could have created a local account that doesn't need an email address to create... but anyway.

ON the old user, go to c:\users and copy the contents of the old user onto the new users folders, this will give it same programs and passwords as old one. that should give you access to the files.

pawlu7388

Prominent
Apr 1, 2017
actually, I fixed the problem, by creating a fake, unused , email account. When creating another user account on win10, I am prompted that Microsoft will read all your emails, contacts, etc. This is one of the reasons why microsoft do a so called upgrade to another OS, simply to gain more and more access to our personal data.

Now, the next problem is, that I am trying to mirgate my files from one account to another. Right hand click on the file, and, share, does not work. Or, are the files going to a particular folder?

Colif

Win 11 Master
you could have created a local account that doesn't need an email address to create... but anyway.

ON the old user, go to c:\users and copy the contents of the old user onto the new users folders, this will give it same programs and passwords as old one. that should give you access to the files.

Solution