Question Unable to Access BIOS and have a ton of RAM hardware reserved.

Raees007

Reputable
Jan 22, 2017
Hi guys, so today I switched systems with a user in my workplace. They complained of recently slow performance in Maya. Turns out that PC only has access to 3.2GB of RAM. I have tried everything online. I have made sure the maximum memory box is unchecked. I changed the 'ClearPageFileAtShutdown' value to 1, I also tried this way where you change it from 1 to 0 back to 1 multiple times and you end on 0. Those didn't work. The first thing I did obviously was changed the RAM. I had 24GB of 1600MHz DDR3 RAM in the system, swapped it with 24GB of 1333MHz RAM, no changes. I used 12GB of 1066MHz RAM an no changes either. I have updated the BIOS and it claimed to be successful, but my issue is that I cannot access the BIOS. There is this stupid BacktoBios button on the motherboard, which doesn't take you to the BIOS. When you change the RAM there's a message saying that the system detects a memory decrease and presents 'Press F2 to access BIOS' or 'Press Enter to continue' option. Whatever you do or press it spams the 'Press Enter to continue' message and never gets into the BIOS. Please help me! T_T

Motherboard: Intel DX58SO2
CPU: i7 990X
RAM: 12GB 1066MHz DDR3
GPU: GTX 1050Ti

Raees007

Reputable
Jan 22, 2017
Something else to remember is that system is going to be around 8 years old and if it has been used for things like Maya the entire time the whole system may be starting to die.
Yeah no that isn't the problem. These are surprisingly still capable systems and have never been overclocked, cleaned out on a regular basis aswell. It just sems as if the Mobo only wants 3.2GB of RAM.