unable to access BIOS due to "NO SIGNAL" monitor error

Wolf Hikari

Reputable
Oct 3, 2014
Hi! I have a problem on my family's PC. Whenever that PC booted up, the monitor won't get any signal until the booting reaches logon screen and afterwards. At 1st I thought it's a GPU or it's hardware problem, but soon as I tried to boot the same monitor using my laptop, it goes the same.

Does that mean we need to get a new monitor? or it's just the GPU isn't compatible.

The current monitor is asus vh197t LED monitor, and the both the PC and my laptop used AMD RADEON HD5570(pc)/7670M(laptop).

Apparently, I tried to run a boot-time anti-virus scan, but forgot that it won't show up until logon screen. That's the only reason I brought the issue here for now. Pls forgive my noobness.

on the monitor go into it setting screen and hit factory reset to rule out a bad setting. if the monitor is a vga unit are you using an adaptor on the end. some adaptors block video signals. on your laptop make sure with the funtion key both video ports are on at the same time. if the monitor still having issue if it has a removable video cable try a new one. (may have broken wire or pin from age). check to see if the unit still under warranty with the vender if it out of warranty you can still use it or replace it.

Wolf Hikari

Reputable
Oct 3, 2014

Thank you, it seems to work but the display is totally messed up. I mean, when I booted up; the BIOS startup shown. however the display is totally messed up like matrix coding and vivid colors. So it's still unable to be accessed.