Question Unable to access BIOS

Jun 15, 2020
I am unable to access bios on my PC by pressing delete key which is the prescribed one (I have a ASUS Motherboard). The system also does not boot automatically, but on pressing F8 when the booting screen is on it shows me options to select dist disk to boot. On selecting the C drive it however boots normally. I have tried recovery through restart option and auto start up repair option also but still cannot access BIOS. Need help to resolve the issue.

Mod edit >>[OS=Windows 10]

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
I am unable to access bios on my PC by pressing delete key which is the prescribed one (I have a ASUS Motherboard). The system also does not boot automatically, but on pressing F8 when the booting screen is on it shows me options to select dist disk to boot. On selecting the C drive it however boots normally. I have tried recovery through restart option and auto start up repair option also but still cannot access BIOS. Need help to resolve the issue.

Hi @chander22

Do you have a spare keyboard? If so, try it. For some reason some keyboards aren't detected until your PC actually posts. So if the "Delete" key is the correct key to enter your Bios and when you press it, but can't enter your Bios, it may simply be your keyboard isn't detecting your key press. I have 3 keyboards at home, 2 of which this happens with. Here's a post on Tom's in regards to this.

There are also settings in your Bios & in Windows to address this or the detection. Have you tried resetting your Bios manually via either the jumper or by removing the battery, waiting 5 mins, reinstalling the battery and then trying again?

Have you tried this? (Same here but just in Video format)

Do you have an older PC with a PS/2 mouse & keyboard connection? If so, try this.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2020
Thanks for the suggestion. i had tried this earlier also but it did not succeed.
I also tried resetting the CMOS by removing the battery but the only difference it made that it took to me to the Motherboard logo Screen on the next start up and asked to enter setup and on pressing the Enter key I was back where it started.
The problem remains and every time I start, I press F8 and select C Drive and boot.
Any other suggestions