Question Unable to access my windows 10 pc on another PC on the same LAN NETWORK

Status
Not open for further replies.

singhpushpinder24

Prominent
Jul 13, 2019
I’m using DELL vostro 3470 i5 8th generation pc having windows 10 version 1809 an unable to access my pc thorugh another pc over the same LAN network where i can access all other pc easily.

I have turned on all sharing features in network sharing centre but facing issues while accessing my pc on other pc on same network and while clicking on my desktop in network windows it says “windows cannot access \\Dekstop-3gcj227 you do not have permission to access this pc.contact your network administrator to request access”. Please help me to resolve this issue

Jul 13, 2019
i've had success with both on a lan switch, as opposed to directly through a router

remote desktop software has worked for me too in situations like this

lifewire.com/free-remote-access-software-tools-2625161

for sharing only, my gigabit router has USB port, local PC's share freely

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Here is the key:

"windows cannot access \\Dekstop-3gcj227 you do not have permission to access this pc.contact your network administrator to request access”.

On the target/shared computer (the Dell Vostro) you must set up the necessary access rights for the remote computer/user.

If you have admin rights to the Dell Vostro, compare its remote access configuration settings to those of another network pc that is working with respect to the desired access requirements.

Likely just a mis-configuration.

singhpushpinder24

Prominent
Jul 13, 2019
Here is the key:

"windows cannot access \\Dekstop-3gcj227 you do not have permission to access this pc.contact your network administrator to request access”.

On the target/shared computer (the Dell Vostro) you must set up the necessary access rights for the remote computer/user.

If you have admin rights to the Dell Vostro, compare its remote access configuration settings to those of another network pc that is working with respect to the desired access requirements.

Likely just a mis-configuration.
Thanks a lot for your support.I have done the network sharing settings of all other pc's on the same network but still unable to access my pc via other pc on the same network.So can you provide any solution in detail.

On the target/shared computer (the Dell Vostro) you must set up the necessary access rights for the remote computer/user. Please advise me how to do this.

Ralston18

Titan
Check and verify the access rights on the Dell Vostro'sl folder or folders you want to share.

Right click the folder, select properties, and then Sharing and Advanced Sharing.

Compare the share configuration settings of those Dell Vostro folders with the configuration settings of another PC whose folders are being successfully shared.

And you must have the necessary admin rights on the Dell to make the changes. Log in as administrator.

singhpushpinder24

Prominent
Jul 13, 2019
Check and verify the access rights on the Dell Vostro'sl folder or folders you want to share.

Right click the folder, select properties, and then Sharing and Advanced Sharing.

Compare the share configuration settings of those Dell Vostro folders with the configuration settings of another PC whose folders are being successfully shared.

And you must have the necessary admin rights on the Dell to make the changes. Log in as administrator.
Thanks for your comment.The shared folder i can access of other pc , i have gone through their sharing properties and in the permission section EVERYONE & Administrator has all the control i.e. all tick mark and same settings i have already done but still unable to access my pc on other pc.Please advise.

I have enables all the services like DHCP client, DNS client, Network Connections, Network Location Awareness , RPC, Server, TCP/IP netbios helper, Workstation, Function Discovery Resources publication, UPnP Devices Host Services.

All pc are on same Homegroup and all network sharing settings are enable.

Please help to resolve this issue.

Ralston18

Titan
Doublecheck what you have done to date. Maybe a typo somewhere: e.g. "Dekstop" vs "Desktop".

If: " “windows cannot access \\Dekstop-3gcj227 you do not have permission to access this pc.contact your network administrator to request access”. "

Then further assistance may be in violation of Forum rules.

singhpushpinder24

Prominent
Jul 13, 2019
Doublecheck what you have done to date. Maybe a typo somewhere: e.g. "Dekstop" vs "Desktop".

If: " “windows cannot access \\Dekstop-3gcj227 you do not have permission to access this pc.contact your network administrator to request access”. "

Then further assistance may be in violation of Forum rules.
Can you please suggest me any other forum where i can get help regarding this issue??

Status
Not open for further replies.