[SOLVED] unable to access router web gui

virxually

Prominent
Jun 10, 2021
I edited a setting on my asus router (i forgot which one) and now everytime i try accessing 192.168.50.1 from my computer, my browser comes back with "192.168.50.1 took too long to respond" this only happens on my computer, i can access it from my phone perfectly fine.

Solution
If you can get to it from a phone then it is hard to say what you messed up.

You can test basic network connectivity with a ping command. Use IPCONFIG /all and make sure the gateway IP is 192.168.50.1, if not maybe you changed it. Be sure your PC is using DHCP and not static IP because if you changed the lan ip the router should give you a different IP but if it is static you must manually do this.
Make sure you can ping the gateway IP. If you can ping but the web browser does not open then you messed something more complex up.

In the end the solution that always works is to do a factory reset. You have to read the instructions but most times it is hold some button as you power on the router. This should then set it...

Lutfij

Titan
To access your router's GUI, you're often told to key in 198.168.1.1 for pretty much all routers. I've only had to key in 192.168.0.1 for a TP-Link router. Might want to try and reset the router since you speak of touching something in the GUI you shouldn't have. Perhaps try another we browser before attempting to reset the router.

Model for your Asus router?

Reactions: virxually

You can test basic network connectivity with a ping command. Use IPCONFIG /all and make sure the gateway IP is 192.168.50.1, if not maybe you changed it. Be sure your PC is using DHCP and not static IP because if you changed the lan ip the router should give you a different IP but if it is static you must manually do this.
Make sure you can ping the gateway IP. If you can ping but the web browser does not open then you messed something more complex up.

In the end the solution that always works is to do a factory reset. You have to read the instructions but most times it is hold some button as you power on the router. This should then set it back to the default and let you start over.

Solution

virxually

Prominent
Jun 10, 2021

In the end the solution that always works is to do a factory reset. You have to read the instructions but most times it is hold some button as you power on the router. This should then set it back to the default and let you start over.
figured it out. set the local ip for my pc as restricted so it wouldnt be able to access the gui. works now though.