Unable to access safe mode

ruslan2k7

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
I used to be able to access it perfectly fine but one day i went to safe mode and i got the blue screen with the 0x0000007B error. My windows works fine but the safe mode. I know it was caused by a virus, i just don't know how to fix it. I scanned with everything but still could not find it.

Look for the line with the underscores on the BSOD. What does that say? Should look like bla_blabla_bla_ <--That will help narrow down the cause. BSOD's can be caused by many things.

If I had to guess, I would say it's likely a default driver. The main difference between normal windows and safe mode is the number of programs and drivers that are in use.

blackhawk1928

Distinguished
Ah well...most viruses, the first thing they do when they infect you is disable your system restore so you are pretty much screwed with that unless you know how to edit your registry keys and windows files to get it back. All I can say is try maybe an AVG scan. But remember even if a program catches and destroys the virus, once the damage has been done, its done and there is no changing it. thats why its better to prevent viruses rather then just catch once you are infected. If nothing works then demolish your system and rebuild your OS.

ruslan2k7

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
Hmm, I'm not getting that error anymore but im getting 0x0000007B (0xF79BB524), 0XC0000034, 0X00000000 , 0X00000000.

Also maybe it's related, but my firefox doesn't open anymore. It crashes every time. I get this error http://img21.imageshack.us/i/mozillay.jpg/ .