Unable to access shared resources on PDC

Good evening

Today a strange problem has arisen with our PDC. The fact is that people is unable to access their shared resources there. Thus, while they can log in, they cannot load their profile. Besides, from an explorer window, users get the "Logon Failure: the target account name is incorrect" if the name of the server is used. However, if the IP address is used instead, there is no problem (that's the way we have configured printers while the problem is solve).

Any help/suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jaume Tomàs Amella
IFAE System Manager Assistant

Sounds like the secure channel is broken somewhere along the line. You can
use Netdom to reset this and that should fix it.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;288167&Product=win2000

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260575&Product=win2000
--
Scott Harding
MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+

"Jaume Tomàs Amella" <Jaume Toms Amella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:13AED720-611D-49E7-B69E-3174A80DD84B@microsoft.com...
> Good evening
>
> Today a strange problem has arisen with our PDC. The fact is that people
is unable to access their shared resources there. Thus, while they can log
in, they cannot load their profile. Besides, from an explorer window, users
get the "Logon Failure: the target account name is incorrect" if the name of
the server is used. However, if the IP address is used instead, there is no
problem (that's the way we have configured printers while the problem is
solve).

> Any help/suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jaume Tomàs Amella
> IFAE
System Manager Assistant