Unable to access start menu/cortana/calendar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greencoast

Reputable
Oct 26, 2014
As the title says, I'm unable to access the start menu, cortana, or even my calendar. Can't even do it in safe mode.The thing is though, this is only on my main account (which happens to be a microsoft connected account), I have no issue accessing them with the other two (local) accounts on my computer. I've uninstalled any software or updates that I had installed prior to this issue appearing and ran a virus scan but the problem still persists. I'm not quite sure what to do at this point because this is such a weird issue. Any help you guys could offer would be appreciated.

Solution
Hello,

Kindly ensure your windows firewall service is running for this to work.

1. Open Windows Explorer and find C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe
2. Right-click and Run as Administrator
3. Copy this line:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

4. Right-click in the Powershell window to Paste and then press Enter.
5. There is no need to restart. The fix should implement right away.

If you have previously disabled Windows Firewall or do not have it running, the above steps will result in errors. Use the steps below to enable Windows Firewall and the reverse if you wish to turn it off again afterwards.

1. Right-click...

Pearlmaster

Reputable
Aug 30, 2015
Hello,

Kindly ensure your windows firewall service is running for this to work.

1. Open Windows Explorer and find C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe
2. Right-click and Run as Administrator
3. Copy this line:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

4. Right-click in the Powershell window to Paste and then press Enter.
5. There is no need to restart. The fix should implement right away.

If you have previously disabled Windows Firewall or do not have it running, the above steps will result in errors. Use the steps below to enable Windows Firewall and the reverse if you wish to turn it off again afterwards.

1. Right-click the Start button -> Click Run OR press Windows key + R.
2. Type Services.msc and press Enter
3. Scroll down to find Windows Firewall
4. Right-click then click Properties
5. Under Startup Type dropdown -> Select Manual. Click Apply
6. In the top left portion of the Services Window, Click Start this service.
7. Now follow the steps in the first section, and it should work.

You can try running a system scan and it will repair files if they need to be.

>> Right-click Start and open a command prompt as administrator

>>type

sfc /scannow

>> Let it finish and see repairs anything.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.