Question Unable to access to UEFI after switching to AHCI - only grub recovery mode

Feb 1, 2023
Hi all, I have an ASUS Vivobook. I was trying to install Linux, and since the installation process was not working (it remained stuck during the loading of the OS installer) I tried to change an option in the laptop UEFI (as suggested on the net). I don't recall the specific option name, but I know I set it to AHCI. I think the previous option was called: intel octane or something like that.
What happened? well, now for some reason I cannot inside the UEFI anymore. I can see the ASUS logo but whatever key I press it just goes on and I can see the grub recovery console. In this system there was both Windows and another Linux version that were working.

I have never seen something like this. Any idea on how to have access to the UEFI again and to disable that AHCI option ?

Feb 1, 2023
Try this...

"While the computer isn't powered on yet, press and hold the [F2] button of the keyboard, and then press the [Power button] (Do not release F2 button until the BIOS configuration display)."

Reactions: nat1