[SOLVED] Unable to activate a new WiFi card on my laptop ?

Jun 22, 2021
Hello,

I tried to change the wifi card on my old laptop Toshiba Satelllite L670-1CN (Windows 10) to get a better connection by installing a new Intel card 7620AC.
The installation has been done without any problem with the Intel driver. In Device Manager all is fine as you can see on the screenshoot here attached.
On the Network and internet settings, I can see that the wifi card is enabled.

tomshardware.jpg

But when I'm trying to get the wireless networks list, Windows says that I need to manually the card by a physical button or the hotkey.
Screenshoot

My BIOS is the latest and I restored the original configuration on it.
I downloaded the old Toshiba sofware TVAP, but it's no better. As you can see on the screenshoot, the toolbar provides a button to enable/disable the wifi card. When the Intel card is connected, only the F8 shortkey is missing in this toolbar.

May be somebody can help me to understand ?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
Hello,

I tried to change the wifi card on my old laptop Toshiba Satelllite L670-1CN (Windows 10) to get a better connection by installing a new Intel card 7620AC.
The installation has been done without any problem with the Intel driver. In Device Manager all is fine as you can see on the screenshoot here attached.
On the Network and internet settings, I can see that the wifi card is enabled.

tomshardware.jpg

But when I'm trying to get the wireless networks list, Windows says that I need to manually the card by a physical button or the hotkey.
Screenshoot

My BIOS is the latest and I restored the original configuration on it.
I downloaded the old Toshiba sofware TVAP, but it's no better. As you can see on the screenshoot, the toolbar provides a button to enable/disable the wifi card. When the Intel card is connected, only the F8 shortkey is missing in this toolbar.

May be somebody can help me to understand ?
Thanks in advance for your help.
That ‘Manually’ option looks like the feature that lets you turn on the Wi-Fi device manually or automatically. What happens if you set it to automatically and click the gray below it in the box that says ‘Wi-Fi’ in the screenshot that you shared?