unable to adjust gpu settings in afterburner for 3rd gtx 1070

Pachuca

Prominent
Jul 5, 2017
I'm trying to build a mining rig with gpu's. I have 4 gtx 1070s and managed to fit 3 of them in so far, just waiting on some risers from china to arrive so I can add the 4th card. When I opened msi afterburner to optimize the gpu's for mining the 3rd gpu didn't show up on the drop down list in the options/settings. Instead I see from top to bottom 2 gtx 1070s and the bottom spot is a blank space. It should be showing 3 gtx 1070s. There is no sli bridge and the card is plugged in and working because the mining software detects it and uses it. I need to be able to optimize the 3rd gpu and I don't know whats causing this problem. I haven't tried evga Precision x yet, but I would imagine that it would have this problem too. I'm not sure what could be causing this, but I suspect its part of the sli limitation nvidia placed on the 10 series. Anyone have any other ideas or solutions?

Solution
I figured out what the problem was. I was using gigabyte gpu's and apparently afterburner doesn't work well with them. I found gigabytes version of afterburner called xtreme engine and was able to optimize all 4 gpus as needed.

Pachuca

Prominent
Jul 5, 2017
I figured out what the problem was. I was using gigabyte gpu's and apparently afterburner doesn't work well with them. I found gigabytes version of afterburner called xtreme engine and was able to optimize all 4 gpus as needed.

Solution