Unable to attach, fax, or print

Not completely dead in the water, but not exactly pulling with both oars.

Not sure what caused this, but I was able to to fax, print, and attach
files to e-mails previously. Then, whatever happened, happened, and now I
can't perform any of those three functions - at all. When trying to
attach a file (doesn't matter what it is) to an outgoing e-mail (I use
Outlook, and Yahoo Mail) it fails every time. In Yahoo Mail I get the
"Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are
sorry for the inconvenience." message. (I'm sorry, too.)

In Outlook, I just get an "Undeliverable" message from the System
Administrator.

I'm also unable to print (from any application), or fax. I can receive
faxes, and I can receive and open e-mail attachments.

Any clues would be most appreciated.

God bless!

Dave

aka "Nick Name"

Save all your files to CD, reformat and reinstall. Yuz possessed!

"NicholasName" <onthespotcreative@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Not completely dead in the water, but not exactly pulling with both oars.
>
> Not sure what caused this, but I was able to to fax, print, and attach
> files to e-mails previously. Then, whatever happened, happened, and now I
> can't perform any of those three functions - at all. When trying to
> attach a file (doesn't matter what it is) to an outgoing e-mail (I use
> Outlook, and Yahoo Mail) it fails every time. In Yahoo Mail I get the
> "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are
> sorry for the inconvenience." message. (I'm sorry, too.)
>
> In Outlook, I just get an "Undeliverable" message from the System
> Administrator.
>
> I'm also unable to print (from any application), or fax. I can receive
> faxes, and I can receive and open e-mail attachments.
>
> Any clues would be most appreciated.
>
> God bless!
>
> Dave
>
> aka "Nick Name"

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

"NicholasName" <onthespotcreative@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Not completely dead in the water, but not exactly pulling with both oars.
>
> Not sure what caused this, but I was able to to fax, print, and attach
> files to e-mails previously. Then, whatever happened, happened, and now I
> can't perform any of those three functions - at all. When trying to
> attach a file (doesn't matter what it is) to an outgoing e-mail (I use
> Outlook, and Yahoo Mail) it fails every time. In Yahoo Mail I get the
> "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are
> sorry for the inconvenience." message. (I'm sorry, too.)

Hi Nick,

See if the following works:

Microsoft Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close

Starting up in "Safe mode with Network support" seems to bypass this problem
and
IE fuctions normally. This leads me to believe that some third party program
is causing
the problem.

* Here is the workaround i found that worked for me. Go to Control Panel,
Internet options.
Next, go to Advance Tab.
Uncheck "Enable third party browser extension"
Click OK *