Unable to boot after restart - broken Motherboard or RAM?

Nemphis

Reputable
May 18, 2015
Yesterday my pc (specs at the end) suddenly stopped working. It was running for a few hours at the time, then it shut down just like if the power was cut off. Restarting only showed a black screen and resulted in another 'crash' after a few seconds.
Today I tried restarting and it booted up like normal. I ran a benchmark to see if it would result in a crash, but that did not happen. I then rebooted to my other drive/partition and the same as the day before happened after a few minutes. The computer then tries to reboot, but only a black screen is shown.

Current situation:
If I pull out the power cord and wait ~30 minutes, I am able to boot into BIOS and even Windows.
In BIOS everything seems normal, all components are detected, CPU temps around 35 °C.
However, when I turn off my pc and then on again, I only get a black screen. The computer then shut down after ~ 20/30 seconds and restarts (fans stop spinning and start spinning again).
This keeps happening until he stops restarting.
I tried running a RAM memory test (http://www.memtest86.com/), but my computer crashed just like the first time, 5-10 minutes in the test. The same happens when booted into Windows.

To try and diagnose the problem I have already done this:
- Swapping GPU: trying another GPU didn't seem to help and gave the same results
- Swapping power supply: the PSU (750 Watt Aerocool horsepower) I normally use is quite old (almost 8 years), and I installed another one ( CoolerMaster B600 / 600 Watt). This didn't help either. I also tested my old PSU with a different pc, and that worked fine.
- Reinstall cooler: I tried reapplying thermal paste (after removing the old one), and then reinstalling the cooler on the processor.
- Clearing CMOS: Problem still persists.

Since the problem also happens when I disconnect my drives, they probably don't have anything to do with it. My guess is that it's either the RAM or motherboard, but I cannot explain why they work on the first boot, but not after a reboot.
Hopefully someone is able to help me with this.

Specs (components are ~9 months old):
MSI X99S Sli Plus
Radeon R280x (Asus)
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (16GB / 2800 MHz)
i7-5820k with Noctua nh-d15 as cooler

Nemphis

Reputable
May 18, 2015

I swapped the PSU for another (750 Watt Aerocool for a 600 Watt Coolermaster) to check if that was the problem, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I tested if it could be the ram, but after about 20 minutes the crashes started to occur independent of the configuration of ram I used.
I'm guessing the motherboard is the only option left then?