Question Unable to boot after using MiniTool to extend System Reserve

Nando Juarez

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2014
After buying a cheap SSD (Sandisk 120Gb) and made a system clone from my current HDD, it worked well (booted faster and whatnot). I couldn't fully install the newest Windows 10 1903 because my System Reserved Storage was not big enough (I used EaseUS to make the System Clone).
I used MiniTool Wizard to try to extend the system reserved by about 200 MB more, but when I restarted and booted using the SSD, I kept getting the error screen, usually getting stuck o the startup repair, saying there's something wrong with "winload.exe," or "\Boot\BCD"
I've tried running solutions with a bootable Win10 flash drive, used CMD to run things like "Bootrec /fixMBR," "Bootrec /FixBoot" (always said access is denied), and RebuildBCD, but no other solution I searched for worked. I'm not sure whether I've corrupted the SSD by trying to extend the volume.

Nando Juarez

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2014
If your SSD is smaller than the drive you cloned I would just start over with a clean Windows setup on the SSD and delete all the existing partitions on it when setup starts.
I thought about that after constantly trying to work it out, but when scanning the OS to try to run off of one, I managed to run the Win10 on my SSD after booting through my HDD. I opened dskmgmt, and it showed that the partitioning worked! However, I can't boot from the SSD, I have to work around it to get into it.