Unable to boot into windows 7 repair disk.

tom20r2

Honorable
Nov 28, 2013
Hi all, i need your help.

So my brother had given me an ssd ages ago and needed it back today, so i pulled in from my computer and now it has been re - formatted. Turns out that ssd had the boot files for windows 7 on it, i used bootcamp on my mac to make an install disk from an iso of windows 7 i have.
The problem is i can't get my pc to boot into the drive, it recognises the usb on startup but wont boot into it.

Cheers, Tom

Solution
Boot from windows install media;
goto Repair my computer/command prompt;
enter those commands and post output here:

• diskpart
    list disk
    select disk 0
    list partition

slyverine

Reputable
Mar 4, 2016
you confused me. Ok you gave your brother the ssd, where are you trying to install the windows after?And from what i understood, bootcamp creates a bootable to usb to install windows on mac. Maybe the boot files are not running for windows based systems.

tom20r2

Honorable
Nov 28, 2013

Nah man, i had the startup files on the ssd, now they're gone and i need to restore them back on my hdd, otherwise the computer won't boot into windows. Thats my first problem.

The other problem is that i cannot boot into the install usb i made from the bios (The installer usb and a repair function), the usb is recognised in the bios but nothing happens.

I will try what skynet suggested but i could swear i have used the bootcamp drive creator and used it to install windows onto pc's