Question Unable to boot PC off of PCI express SSD

May 18, 2020
Hi there,

I put together my second PC today. It was a great excuse to pass the time during an otherwise boring day. I installed a new motherboard (Asus z170-p (I think?)) , an inter i7-6700K as well as 32GB of DDR4 as well as a 512GB PCI express Samsung SSD. I kept the SETA-connected SSD and 2TB hard drive from my previous build so I didn't need to reinstall Windows and I didn't want to reinstall bandwidth intensive games such as warzone. I was easily booting my old rig off of the SETA SSD but, for whatever reason, when I got round to booting the PC off of that SSD, I was left with a black screen (but I could still see my cursor.) I didn't think too much of this at the time so I just went back into the BIOS and booted from my hard drive which got me into my PC, albeit without some files that were stored on the SSD. It was now that I realized that I couldn't boot off of the PCI express SSD because I didn't have Windows 10 stored on it. Because of this, I then used macrium reflect to clone my SETA SSD to the PCI express SSD. The cloning went off without a hitch but when I went to boot off of the PCI Express SSD (that had an OS now loaded onto it) I got the same thing.

I don't really know what to do from here, please help!

Colif

Win 11 Master
I was easily booting my old rig off of the SETA SSD but, for whatever reason, when I got round to booting the PC off of that SSD, I was left with a black screen (but I could still see my cursor.)

It is SATA BTW :)

So when you say "The PC" you are talking about the new motherboard?

can you put old ssd into old pc and show me a screenshot of disk management? upload it to imgur and show link

I want to see how its formatted. I think I know what is going on but I want to be sure before being wrong :)
I think its boot method but I want to be sure.

what version of windows is on the hdd? how many installs have you got?