Question Unable to Boot Windows 10 Installer

Feb 22, 2019
Recently I had the misfortune of having my Hard Drive die šŸ˜­. I donā€™t know what happened I was installing a new Powersupply, my guess is that I shorted my hardrive. Anyway, I recently bought a new SSD to be the replacement and once I got everything installed I popped in the Windows 10 disk to be reinstalled. I went into my bios and changed the boot priority order, but nothing came up. The message on the screen is telling me to select a new boot device or insert boot media. I know my DVD drive is working because it spins upon initial boot up and when the tray is closed. I know the disk works because my family memberā€™s MAC was able to read it. I will be trying a USB ISO tomorrow (February, 22, 2019) to see if that works. Until then, any ideas?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Recently I had the misfortune of having my Hard Drive die šŸ˜­. I donā€™t know what happened I was installing a new Powersupply, my guess is that I shorted my hardrive. Anyway, I recently bought a new SSD to be the replacement and once I got everything installed I popped in the Windows 10 disk to be reinstalled. I went into my bios and changed the boot priority order, but nothing came up. The message on the screen is telling me to select a new boot device or insert boot media. I know my DVD drive is working because it spins upon initial boot up and when the tray is closed. I know the disk works because my family memberā€™s MAC was able to read it. I will be trying a USB ISO tomorrow (February, 22, 2019) to see if that works. Until then, any ideas?

what motherboard do you have? If you had 10 on it before, its possible you have settings like Fast Boot or Secure Boot turned on in the bios, that will have PC ignoring the USB/DVD drive at boot. So it will be only looking at the ssd and going, nope, no boot details here.

Feb 22, 2019

Update: Decided to call MSI support, forgot to change the boot device... šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø Got it all worked out and Iā€™m back to my PC!

TRENDING THREADS