[SOLVED] Unable to boot windows 10 USB

Dec 31, 2018
My windows 10 desktop crashed the other day and on rebooting wouldn't load past the windows loading screen. Tried to enter repair mode (forgotten the exact name.) but freezing on the loading screen for this.

Made a Windows 10 bootable USB with the official Microsoft tool which failed to load the tool on this pc but worked fine on another. It always freezes on the black screen with the blue windows flag logo and the rotating loading dots at the bottom.

Made another USB thinking the USB drive wasn't good but same issue. Made another using the iso file and rufus formatting as ntfs and fat32 but both attempts same issue.

Ran a USB uefi memory test which came up with zero errors. Removed all components and rebuilt the pc to check if there was issues there. Tried with single sticks of each of the ram in different slots.

Tried with a freshly formatted ssd and no other drives connected but same error.

I am able to access the bios and attempt to boot from the original os drive and the bootable USBs but all fail on the same screen as shown here(http://imgur.com/gallery/PEFxBf4)

Have since replaced the motherboard and the power supply only to encounter the same problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
"Tried with a freshly formatted ssd and no other drives connected but same error. "

mistake i always make is forgetting to leave the target SSD unallocated

it finally dawned on me why on the windows install screen, there was an option to "delete partition"

The first thing i do now, after getting windows loaded, is to make a clone of the OS drive so i don't have to re-learn what i'd forgotten, if that makes sense
"Tried with a freshly formatted ssd and no other drives connected but same error. "

mistake i always make is forgetting to leave the target SSD unallocated

it finally dawned on me why on the windows install screen, there was an option to "delete partition"

The first thing i do now, after getting windows loaded, is to make a clone of the OS drive so i don't have to re-learn what i'd forgotten, if that makes sense

Solution