unable to boot windows

zizoux07

Reputable
Sep 2, 2015
hello,
I imported some registries from previous windows to windows 10 that caused windows to be unstable and i wasn't able to run any application so restarted it and it just keeps showing "automatic startup repair couldn't fix your PC"
so if there is any way that i can restore it ,it would be appreciated
i don't want to clean install windows as there are some data i want to keep

thanks in advace

Solution
does the auto repair ever boot into a blue menu? if so, select reset. this will give two options, save files (Libraries) and settings (logon), or wipe it all.

Now, if the files you want to save aren't in your library folders, then I wouldn't do a reset as it deletes everything else and reinstalls win 10

and even then it depends what sort of damage those registry entires did as to how well the reset will work. If they did nothing to your image you might be fine.

Registry and bios are too areas I try to avoid going into at all costs.
I'd boot from a live disc like Linux Mint and save any data you don't want to lose, then do a clean install. If you need to download Linux Mint, you can do that here: https://www.linuxmint.com/download.php . It has a user interface similar to Windows, so you don't have to know anything about Linux.

Personally I avoid making changes to the registry under almost all conditions. You see what can happen. :(

Good luck.

zizoux07

Reputable
Sep 2, 2015

well, i'd do that but here we have slow download speed so it may take like forever

anyway thanks for your advice

Colif

Win 11 Master
does the auto repair ever boot into a blue menu? if so, select reset. this will give two options, save files (Libraries) and settings (logon), or wipe it all.

Now, if the files you want to save aren't in your library folders, then I wouldn't do a reset as it deletes everything else and reinstalls win 10

and even then it depends what sort of damage those registry entires did as to how well the reset will work. If they did nothing to your image you might be fine.

Registry and bios are too areas I try to avoid going into at all costs.

Solution