[SOLVED] Unable to browse web/youtube etc whilst PC is downloading a file

AMDynamic

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2016
Hi,

im wondering if anyone has any experience with this. Recently anytime i am downloading a game from steam/uplay/origin etc or any large file i am unable to surf the web or buffer any type of video content?

its only started happening about a month ago were on SKy UK copper broadband no fiber round here yet. Is there any setting i can adjust to bring things back to normal? even to set this post up ive had to pause a game update just to log onto toms and ask for help!!!

very much appreciate any help

regards

Solution
That would not be uncommon. Download programs attempt to use 100% of your bandwidth. The other programs will have to fight the download for bandwidth.

Almost all download programs that the ability to limit the bandwidth they use. Set it to say 75% of the bandwidth you buy from your ISP remembering that the ISP has speed in bits/sec and the download uses bytes/sec
That would not be uncommon. Download programs attempt to use 100% of your bandwidth. The other programs will have to fight the download for bandwidth.

Almost all download programs that the ability to limit the bandwidth they use. Set it to say 75% of the bandwidth you buy from your ISP remembering that the ISP has speed in bits/sec and the download uses bytes/sec

Solution