Unable to change e-mail

SverreMunthe

Honorable
Aug 8, 2012
I'm not able to edit my outdated e-mail adress in account settings. I have no access to the old e-mail anymore so it's kind of difficult to follow the forums.

<email address removed by moderator>
<Do not post your address in an open forum>

Solution
Brief instructions on how to change your email are located on the Account Settings page, but here's a more detailed step-by-step:

In order to change the email associated with their accounts, users have to perform the following steps:

1) Go to account settings: http://www.tomshardware.com/community/account

2) Under "Related Accounts", they must click "Add account"

3) From here, they must register and confirm a new account.

4) They then must log in with this second account, using the newly registered email.
4A) This will result in them being logged in to the original account.
4B) The dummy account is never used again and becomes inaccessible, despite still being, for all intents and purposes, present and existing in the database...

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
Brief instructions on how to change your email are located on the Account Settings page, but here's a more detailed step-by-step:

In order to change the email associated with their accounts, users have to perform the following steps:

1) Go to account settings: http://www.tomshardware.com/community/account

2) Under "Related Accounts", they must click "Add account"

3) From here, they must register and confirm a new account.

4) They then must log in with this second account, using the newly registered email.
4A) This will result in them being logged in to the original account.
4B) The dummy account is never used again and becomes inaccessible, despite still being, for all intents and purposes, present and existing in the database.

5) Then they have to navigate back to account settings

6) Under "Related Accounts", they need to hit "Edit" and choose the new email to act as the main email.

If you need further assistance, please let us know!

Solution

eizmc2

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011

Ok. I followed these steps and created a new account in order to add it to the exsisting account, to select it after loggin in, etc etc.. I received an email with link "confirm new email address" but this link doesn't work :no:
Please help me out?

SverreMunthe

Honorable
Aug 8, 2012
Why don't you have a possibility to change e-mail address inside the account? An e-mail address is no different from the address of your house, and few people actually live in the same house for their entire life.