[SOLVED] Unable to change fan speed PWM hub

Jul 23, 2021
Hi,

I purchased the "Vetroo 3 Pack 120mm ARGB & PWM Case Cooling Fans with Controller Computer PC Cooler" and I'm having a hard time controlling it's speeds. I have it plugged into CHA_1 and I set CHA_1 to PWM mode in the BIOS but all the fans connected run at full speed. I have updated BIOS firmware as well.

I have tried disconnecting the fans and directly plugging them in and sure enough they're quiet. But when I plug back into the hub, loud as hell. How can I control the fan speed?

Thanks.

Mobo: ROG Strix B550-F Gaming

EDIT: I saw someone mention to try and connect it to CPU_OPT but it did nothing. I hope I have it connected right, I have it connected with a SATA cable for power, to the ARGB connector cable on the case, and to the fan connector on the mobo.

Last edited:
Solution
I can't find any instructions for that system, but you could try this idea that works with SOME systems like that. The hand-held remote has three fan speed buttons, and I assume they do what they are supposed to do. SOME remotes like that have a hidden feature. Provided that the cable from the controller box to a mobo fan header is attached, if you hold down one of those three speed buttons for several seconds - say, 6 to 10 - that tells the controller to NOT pay attention to the button, and instead turn over fan SPEED control to the mobo header. Pushing another button later will take control back to the remote buttons.
Jul 23, 2021
Usually the fan hub will have the connection for the motherboard and 1 specific slot for the fan the mb will read the fan speed from. Make sure that 1 pwm fan slot is filled with a single fan.

All but one slot is filled on the hub and it's not an end connection so that wouldn't be the one it has to be plugged into. All of them are single fans in the hub, no splitters in the hub or anything. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
I can't find any instructions for that system, but you could try this idea that works with SOME systems like that. The hand-held remote has three fan speed buttons, and I assume they do what they are supposed to do. SOME remotes like that have a hidden feature. Provided that the cable from the controller box to a mobo fan header is attached, if you hold down one of those three speed buttons for several seconds - say, 6 to 10 - that tells the controller to NOT pay attention to the button, and instead turn over fan SPEED control to the mobo header. Pushing another button later will take control back to the remote buttons.

Solution