Question Unable to change UEFI to legacy

Jun 15, 2019
Hi all,

I’m trying to convert a partition to GPT so I can install windows 10 on it. When I try to convert it in DISKPART it says it can’t be converted.

I think this is becuase it’s booting in UEFI, rather than legacy, but when I go into the startup screen in my BIOS I can’t seem to change from UEFI to legacy. Am I being thick here? Or how do I change it? Here’s a picture of the bios.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J5cq0GzrnLLCqDpW90oh5xV4cWDsa3I9/view?usp=drivesdk

Jun 15, 2019
The hard drive doesn’t have any operating system on it, so I don’t think I can change the CSM, can i? Also, I’m not sure how I change the data controller mode, there isn’t an option for that in the BIOS?

The hard drive doesn’t have any operating system on it, so I don’t think I can change the CSM, can i? Also, I’m not sure how I change the data controller mode, there isn’t an option for that in the BIOS?
CSM is BIOS option, nothing to do with drives. Also why would you want legacy BIOS for GPT ?
If you are installing W10, you don't have to do anything, With UEFI enabled (CSM disabled) windows 10 will partition and format as needed.

Jun 15, 2019
I’m not sure. I just keep getting a message saying that the drive can not be used for an install because it has an MBR partition. I’ve tried to clean the drive with diskpart, but I can’t seem to get windows 10 to install.

Jun 15, 2019
Thank you all for your help. I didn’t realise it (until it was explained on here) that I didn’t need to create a partition on the hard drive. I could just install win 10 on an unallocated space. Win 10 would then sort out the formatting and partitioning. All sorted now.